By Owen Hunter Jenkins
Lessons from @
We had a book crit from Stu at Creature today. Every young creative worth their salt has passed through his agency for advice – and after today, I can see why.
Here’s a rundown of what he told us, I hope it helps you as much as it helped us:
- Don’t think execution first.
- Spend more time interrogating a brand/product.
- Don’t go for the obvious.
- Ask questions no-one else would about the product
- Dig deeper.
- Look for something that has an emotional resonance.
- This game is about behaviour change, not art.
- Lateral thinking can get you to a product truth.
- Don’t make a CD/ECD read your portfolio
- Stay away from brands with obvious propositions.
- Brand choice can be creative too.
- Students books are different to real work. Show off your thinking, not your ability to make ‘ads’